tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 25 18:31:13 1996

Klingon CD-Rom

Hi, David.

Recently I gave myself the Klingon CD-Rom :))) Two things gave me very
intriguish. The 1rst one is openning where  Gowron speaking in
tlhingan-Hol. I could understand nothing (I'm a begginer, off course) and
the 2nd one when the Gowron is talking with the Pakled commander and he
said something to T'Var (to be silent, I think).
If you have time, can you write and translate it for me?

Other thing, It's quite difficult for me undertand the grammar.
In English I can say: The World Cup Final Match.
In Portuguese I say:  O Jogo Final da Copa do Mundo.
Except for the article "The" = "O", the rest of the sentence is totality
inverse and I have to use 2 prepositions "da" and "do". How can I say it
in Klingon?

Hearing the CD-Rom, it'll be very easy to learn the phonems, because it's
very similar than portuguese, except "tlh" - this is very gutural and
very difficult.

Thank you. (How can I say "thank you" in klingon?)

--
Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
[email protected]

Back to archive top level