tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 21 21:02:46 1996

RE: Eating

December 21, 1996 10:24 PM, jatlh Kontay:

> jISopbe'
> I think this would mean 'I haven't ate."

It means "I did not eat," "I do not eat," or "I will not eat."  If the act of
not eating is completed, at whatever time you're talking about, you can say
{jISopbe'pu'} or {jISopbe'ta'}.

> jISopQa'
> "I will not eat."

It's {jISopQo'}.  "I refuse to eat."

> jISopHa'
> "I vomited."

That could be one interpretation.  Actually, I've heard this said as
{jIghupHa'.}  {jISopHa'} could also mean "I mis-eat," or "I eat incorrectly."
(Maybe you need a bib.  But then, I don't suppose Klingons worry about that.
Maybe you have a problem getting the food *into* your mouth . . .)

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level