tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 20 10:57:09 1996

RE: KLBC

December 20, 1996 10:50 AM, jatlh loDDoq:

> pongmey tlhIngan jIlIj jIH
> It is I who forgot that Klingon names are pronounsed differently.

"Klingon <whatever>" is {tlhIngan <whatever>}.  So, "Klingon names" is
{tlhIngan pongmey}.

Also, you have totally lost the "pronounced differently" part of your
sentence!

Finally, your sentence will need an {'e'} construction, because "you forgot"
that "Klingon names are pronounced differently."

jaS tlhIngan pongmey jatlhlu' 'e' vIlIj jIH.
It is I who forgot that Klingon names are said differently.

> ghoqwI' ghaj SoH'e'
> You are a spy!
> this is one of thos "to be" sentences,right?

Yes, it is.  But why have you used {ghaj} here?  It means "have."  Just delete
it.  Also, you don't need {-'e'} on the pronoun of a "to be" sentence.  You
only use it if the subject is a noun.

ghoqwI' SoH!
You are a spy!

> yIn nI'  (the nI' is reffering toyIn so it come after,right?)

If you meant to say "long life," then this is correct.  majQa'!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level