tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 20 08:39:36 1996

Re: Elbow Strike

>Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 06:14:39 -0800
>From: [email protected]
>
>Now to head any complaints off, I discussed with my students:  "If I ask
>you to show me a bent arm strike what would you do?"  They all 100% of 150
>students I asked showed me one of the 5 elbow strikes that I teach.  So I
>know this recast is intelligble for my audience.\

Indeed, in a noun-centric setting.  In English, we like to say things like
"show me a bent-arm strike."  In Klingon, I'd be more likely to expect
"demonstrate an attack with the arm bent."  Something like "DeS boSIHtaHvIS
peHIv".

~mark

Back to archive top level