tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 16 10:42:00 1996

Re: KLBC: civilian space duty

jatlh ghunchu'wI'

> It occurs to me that in idiomatic English, the word "bug" can refer
> to a listening device; perhaps {Morska ghew} was meant to be a joke
> for the benefit of anyone who could understand the accent?  Nah...

   It has been a while since I read it, but I seem to recall that the novel
version of ST VI says that *ghew* or bug referred to imperial police who
were looking for smugglers.  According to the book, the men at the Morska
listening post thought the Enterprise was a small time smuggling ship.  So
remark of "Don't catch any bugs!" was a smug way of saying "Don't get
caught!"

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level