tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 16 09:26:58 1996

RE: KLBC: yet more again...

"Andrew 'Ska' Netherton" writes:
> > Using {-wIj} is considered derogatory, but for some reason I doubt that
> > Klingons would use it just to insult someone.  I think it's more of a taboo
> > than a method of insult.  Besides, if your so-called lord is not worthy of
> > being referred to with {-wI'}, is he worth insulting?
>         I suppose, but I wanted to make it bite and fester at the same
> time.  Sort of the Klingon equivalent of calling someone a "tool".  :)

I just see it as a grammatical error in an attempted insult.  In my
view, using the wrong possessive suffix reflects badly on the speaker,
not the person being possessed.  It takes attention away from the
insult.

Sort of the Klingon equivalent of saying "He am a tool" when you meant
to say "He is a tool."  :)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level