tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 15 15:11:26 1996

RE: WorFFF?

December 15, 1996 3:44 PM, jatlh loDDoq:

> Well,I think that's a transalation of is name it will be easy to call him in

> StarFleet.
> But still remember:a Klingon name chould be everything you want it to be.
> Another thing,Worf lived with humans:Helena and Sergey Rozhanko.
> Maybe it was them that gave him the name.

No.  Worf was seven when he went to live with his foster parents.  And since
"Worf" doesn't *mean* anything in English, it cannot be a translation, only a
transliteration.  This is very likely, as we have been given {wo'rIv} in
Klingon pronunciation.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian