tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 14 23:33:44 1996

RE: KLBC: yet more again...

> Using {-wIj} is considered derogatory, but for some reason I doubt that
> Klingons would use it just to insult someone.  I think it's more of a taboo
> than a method of insult.  Besides, if your so-called lord is not worthy of
> being referred to with {-wI'}, is he worth insulting?

	I suppose, but I wanted to make it bite and fester at the same
time.  Sort of the Klingon equivalent of calling someone a "tool".  :)

> > 	<tengchaHDaq tlhIngan wo' vItoy'pu'.>
> > 	I served the Klingon Empire on a space station.
>
> Do you really need the {-pu'}?  You English sentence give me no reason to
> expect it.

	I was just trying to relay some time element in there, in that my
serving that station has elapsed and concluded.  I'm still clinging to
tense too hard, methinks...

 / _ \                                   \         ** Andrew Netherton **
 \__)|        "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"         \ __     jo'Sqa, tlhIngan SuvwI'
     \      I came, I saw my cousin.      |(_ \   Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level