tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 12 13:57:43 1996

Re: KBLC: <-vetlh>

> >	I was wondering about that.  After all, it's not just ONE person
> >or thing that scares.  I was thinking of using <latlhpu'> - after all,
> >we're not going to go around the galaxy beating the hell out of ugly
> >statues.  Just beings that rub us the wrong way.
>
> That's not what you asked.  You asked for "we conquer those that scare,"
> and "ghIjwI' DIchargh" is a good translation of that.  "latlhpu' ghIjbogh
> vay''e' DIchargh" is "we conquer ones that scare others," which is not
> really any better, when you think about it.  Um...

	You're absolutely correct, that IS what I asked for.  But bear in
mind that at this point I'll settle for something that gets my point
across - I'll become more picky the better I get.  {{>:)

> vay''e' SuvvIpbogh latlhpu' DIchargh
>     We conquer ones whom others fear to fight
>
> Something like that?

	Yeah, something like that.  But not as blatant.  :)

 / _ \                                   \         ** Andrew Netherton **
 \__)|        "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"         \ __     jo'Sqa, tlhIngan SuvwI'
     \      I came, I saw my cousin.      |(_ \   Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level