tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 10 18:45:41 1996

KBLC: <-vetlh>

	I need to know which one of these would be correct - I seriously
doubt both are:

	<ghIjwI'vetlh wIchargh>
	those that scare, we conquer

	<ghIjvetlh latlhpu' wIchargh>
	those that scare other beings, we conquer

I can't put my finger on what I think is wrong - it may be that I'm using
<-vetlh> wrong, or that it can't be used with <-wI'> for "thing that
does".  Could the first one be rewritten (correctly) as:

	<ghIjwI' wIchargh>
	things that scare, we conquer

This seems right to me... maybe the <-vatlh> in the first one is redundant
(if not plain, outright WRONG).  yIchup.

 / _ \                                   \         ** Andrew Netherton **
 \__)|        "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"         \ __     jo'Sqa, tlhIngan SuvwI'
     \      I came, I saw my cousin.      |(_ \   Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level