tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 09 16:17:11 1996

Purpose clause

December 08, 1996 10:10 PM, jatlh jejQIb:

> Long way of saying I don't understand how you came up with your
> second sentence: {vImughmeH jIQubqangbe'}.
> Strictly speaking, this use of {Qub} doesn't fall under the
> requisites for {-'e'}, and {-net} isn't usefull either. It is
> not {neH}, nor a verb of saying, so is it at _all_ possible to
> join them into one sentence?

vImughmeH jIQubqangbe'.
I was not willing to think in order to translate it.

This is a purpose clause, section 6.2.4.  This is not any form of
sentence-as-object.

I'm not sure of your difficulty.  Does this answer your question?

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level