tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 08 11:48:26 1996

RE: KLBC: Losers

ja' SuStel:
>> > How would you say "loser" in Klingon?
>In this case, I'd be inclined to use the word {toDSaH}.  Mind you, it's not a
>literal translation.  All we know is that one Klingon would say it to another
>if they weren't on the best of terms.  Sounds like that use of "loser" to me!

I don't know -- {toDSaH} sounds too strong to me, sort of like "jerk".
*I've* always used {yIntagh} for this sort of idea.  Until we get more
information on how and when some of the invectives are used, though,
it's all going to be mostly a matter of personal preference, with very
little hope of being mutually understood without *lots* of explanatory
text.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level