tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 03 06:00:31 1996

Re: KLBC: Some Words :)

David Trimboli wrote:

> December 02, 1996 7:25 AM, jatlh QetlhIS:

> > <south> and <west>. I've pondered a way to express them with
> > degree numbers and <peQ>, to use something like <peQ wa'> for
> > north etc, but I'm sure there's a better possibility which I'm
> > just not aware of yet.
>
> There is no good way to express these.  We don't even know if Klingons use
> them at all.  This has been discussed a lot.  Someone came up with describing
> things relative to the direction of the planetary spin.  The simple fact is,
> we don't know much.

Would it be very bad to use the 'magnetism' version in some descriptions
on some planets? What i'm really searching for is an easy way to express
the "directions" in which exits point. I'd need something which is short
so people don't have to type too much every time. Or would you just
number them with degree numbers to get closest to canon? Sorry 'bout all
that buggering, but when it comes to describing things I see quite some
problems in Hol. I'll try to do some and post them so you can rip them
apart at your pleasure. ;)

{QetlhIS}

Back to archive top level