tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 02 05:03:23 1996

RE: KLBC: prepared

 > <[email protected]> wrote:

 >> <noun> <stative verb>Ha'

 > There is no canon for this. In TKD, Okrand only allows the use
 > of {-qu'} as the only verbal suffix allowed on a stative verb
 > while it is being used adjectivally. Meanwhile, he violates this
 > rule on CK by using {-be'} in {wa'maH yIHmey lI'be'}.

 > Following from this, {-Ha'} is a logical candidate for use on an
 > adjectival verb, but this has not been confirmed anywhere in
 > canon that I know of.

Then, we're back to the argument regarding whether an explicitly given entry
in TKD, which is obviously <verb>+<suffix>, is a separate word.  {wa'maH
tlhIngan QuchHa'} is obviously legit - {QuchHa'} has it's own entry "be
unhappy".  Is {QuchHa'} a separate word or {Quch} plus {-Ha'} used
adjectivally?

Wishlist time....

Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'