tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 29 15:29:35 1996

Re: KLBC: naDev jIH tu'lu'

In a message dated 96-04-29 14:23:22 EDT, ~mark wrote:

>Stranger still, I even
>occasionally pronounce the affricates with two onsets, so "ghajjaj" sounds
>like "ghaj jaj" with ALL the j's pronounced.  I'll have to listen to the
>tapes some more to see if this makes sense.

It's too bad that many of us can pronounce Klingon better than most Klingons
we've seen.  I'm sure we all have funny Terran accents which we're not aware
of and have no way of discovering!  For example, I also pronounce {ghajjaj}
as {ghaj jaj}, but WHAT IF Klingons really DO pronounce it {ghajaj}?

We all may sound like uneducated hinterlanders.  (That sounds like a great
title for a new movie: "Hinterlander.")

SuStel
Hovjaj 96328.3

Back to archive top level