tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 19 05:38:51 1996

missed jokes

Reconsidering the examples which others have shared from The
Klingon Way, it strikes me that we have been missing Okrand's
punch lines. At least in these stated examples (since I STILL
have not received my copy) he is humorously recasting English
proverbs. The delightful example I choose to accept as being an
inside joke in my honor, "The conqueror is always right," is a
recasting of "Might makes right."

And funniest of all offered here so far, "The best revenge is
living well," becomes, "The best revenge is revenge." How else
would a Klingon respond upon hearing, "The best revenge is
living well,"?

"Living well"? "Living well"? The best revenge is REVENGE!

charghwI'
--
reH lugh charghwI' net Sov.
 \___