tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 18 08:53:51 1996

KLBC: Lumberjacks

[ ? ]
> >>                      ... something I've always wanted to see:
> >> a tlhingan version of "The Lumberjack Song". :)

[ Ford ]
> >I think that would be difficult, for the obvious reasons that there are no
> >words for lumberjack, or many of the clothing items mentioned... hmmm.

[Mark E. Shoulson]
> Then don't translate, transform.  The result will be funnier anyway.
>
> I'm a shuttlecraft-pilot and I'm okay... Or farmer or engineer or weapons
> officer or or any other profession we can do.  The clothing gets
> tougher... and of course the whole thing is way cultural.  Oh well.

[ Yes, as a beginner, I know that I should try something simple like
  "See Spot run" (qetbogh targh yIlegh), but I couldn't resist: ]

How about:

    SuvwI' jIH 'ej Quch jIH

    jaj Hoch jaghmey vIHoH

but I'm not sure that works, so:

    nI'vIs jaghmey vIHoH

or:

    DalDI' jaghmey vIHoH

qu'  [ probably should go back to lurking because this is getting silly! :-) ]

--
.  Joe Steger ([email protected])                                        .
.  "I see nothing!  I hear nothing!  I know nothing!" -- Hans Schultz  .

Back to archive top level