tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 17 12:18:14 1996

Re: The Four Questions

~mark wrote:
>OK, Doq; here's the translation I had.  Somewhere I even have a
>soundfile of myself singing it (or a slightly older version).
>Things like "dipping" didn't come out so hot.  Also note that I
>didn't transliterate "Hametz" and "matza" into Klingon letters,
>so don't hassle me about that.  I think the final version the
>people who asked me to do this are using will have them
>transliterated, because that's how they want it.
Me, hassle you? And I thought you knew how easy going I am! In
any case, I'll probably transliterate the whole thing into
Hebrew characters where possible to make it easier to pronounce.

Now I've got almost a year to learn it and try my hand at
translating the one sentence you didn't do: "Papa, ich vill dir
freygen de fir kashas." My next KLBC attempt...

~Doq

Back to archive top level