tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 11:22:30 1996

*grumble*

DopDaq qul yIchenmoHH QobDI' ghu'.  I hit the "send" command by mistake
when I was checking the file I was writing, so it got sent off unfinished.

I was going to say, what if the sentence were something like

bortaS nIvqu'?  bortaS'e'.

or

bortaS nIvqu': bortaS'e'.

Phrased in sort of a question-and-answer or introductory way.  "Good
revenge?" (short slang for something like "what is a good revenge?")
"Revenge!"  etc.

Like I said, a little cop-out, but not much.  We already have a lot of
these multi-sentence "smoothings" from Okrand, where one sentence in
English has to be "smoothed together" out of several in Klingon (e.g.
"'uSDaj chop! chev!" or in TKW... somewheere; I need to search for it).
Okrand himself once said that it's tiresome when the P'mount people come
back whining to him that they gave him three sentences and his translation
has five periods in it.  Klingon sentences are just shorter.

Now, I just noticed p.119.  Darn; that's gonna be a pain.  Gotta get
through this book somehow./..

~mark

Back to archive top level