tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 15 10:56:22 1996

Re: Interesting constuct...

>Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 17:23:10 -0700
>From: david barron <[email protected]>

>In THE KLINGON WAY There is an interesting
>construct (interesting to me at least)

>English: No enemy is boring.

>tlhIngan Hol: Dal pagh jagh.

>Comments?

It seems perfectly logical and sensible to me.  I've done similar stuff, I
think.  I recall a particularly fun one; I was translating the Four
Questions from Passover for someone who is collecting them in mounds of
languages (even sang them for him).  One of the questions points out that
on most nights we don't do something "even once" while on Passover night we
do it twice.  I translated it saying that on other nights, "paghlogh..."
and on this night "cha'logh...."  Why not use -logh on pagh, anyway?

~mark

Back to archive top level