tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 10 20:14:21 1996

Re: Injuring someone

peHruS writes:
>...RIQmoH may be replaced simply by QID.

If there aren't any other suffixes getting in the way, this is fine, but
{QID} is preferable for the intended meaning of "I am unwilling to hurt him."
If we use {rIQmoH}, it has to be {vIrIQqangmoHbe'}, which might more likely
mean "I don't cause him to be willing to be injured."  {vIQIDqangbe'} does a
much better job of conveying the idea clearly.