tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 09 19:36:50 1996

Re: jI'It

Ford Prefect writes:
>My point being... What is the phrase
>jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'
>meant to be translated as?

According to TKD's appendix, it is meant to be translated as "I'm lost."
Literally, it's close to "I don't know the here in which I am being," but
it has a problem with the word order (and an uncommon use of {naDev} as a
non-locative noun.  Later canon (one of the audiotapes, I don't remember
which one) translates "I'm lost" as {DaqwIj vISovbe'} "I don't know my
location."