tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 09 19:06:07 1996

Re: KLBC & vocabulary

Faber writes:
>I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me a ritual that would
>be cause for a Klingon to request a short leave of absence (about 4 days)...

It might not be a "ritual", but I'm taking 4 vacation days for {qep'a'}!

>...or the tlingan Hol for "survival".

Maybe {yIntaHghach}?  Without knowing what context the word is to be used
in, any suggestions will be random attempts to hit the meaning you desire.

>Also just a thought, I was skimming through
>TKD and I came across Earth as *tera'* and the word for terran is
>*tera'ngan*, also the word for Romulus is *romuluS* and Romulan is
>*romuluSngan*.  Wouldn't this make the word for Klingon *tlhingan* and the
>word for Qo'nos *tlhi*.  Just a thought.

No.  The word for {Qo'noS} is {Qo'noS}.  "Klin" is apparently a city or
district on the Klingon homeworld (likely an important place in Klingon
history).  {tlhIngan} is more a statement of culture than of residence.