tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 09 06:41:07 1996

Re: Hamlet on QVC

>Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 14:10:00 -0700
>From: [email protected]

>   I think Hamlet would sell allright on QVC, but it would probably
>have to be autographed by Laurence or Okrand (or BOTH?).  I think
>, well, I *know* that they had a CK/TKD set for sale that sold well.
>Is Hamlet written in Hol with tera'ngan Hol subtitles?  That would
>really increase it's sellability.

No offense to Lawrence or Okrand, but why them?  Personally, I'd MUCH
rather one signed by Nick and/or Guido and/or me (well, I can always sign
my own).  After all, we're the ones who made the thing happen.  It couldn't
have happened without Lawrence's effort, or without Okrand's
language... but an autograph from the authors seems more appropriate.

> Unfortunately, it will probably
>be seen as nothing more than a novelty.  A lot of people who buy it
>will do so only because they will be able to say they have it.  A lot
>of people won't value it as much as we do.

So? :-)

~mark

Back to archive top level