tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 08 10:07:13 1996

Re: charghwI' has a big mouth

According to Virtual Adept:

> >But the LEATHER bound edition... Well...
> >
> >It's BEAUTIFUL. It SMELLS beautiful...
>
> Do you realise how much agony you are putting me through by saying that!!!
> Damn you!  I haven't even learnt the language yet and I am already pining
> for a copy in leather!

Does that mean that you are pining for a leather bound copy, or
that you are in leather, pining for a copy? It makes a
difference.

> BTW, what does qep'a' wejDIch mean??

qep = meeting (n)
qep'a' = big or significant meeting
wej = three
wejDIch = third

Twice before, we have had meetings in Philadelphia for a week
in a motel of Klingon language enthusiasts, speaking Klingon,
interviewing with the international press, and generally having
a good time. The local waitresses know us well at this point.

In July, we are planning the third such meeting of many of the
people on this list. The first year had half a dozen people
with another half dozen visiting for less than the full week.
Last year, we had 18 all week. We're hoping for around thirty
this year.

> And where are
> you going to make your cabin?? The idea of a cabin is something that I have
> been meaning to follow for a long time!

It is an unusual setting. It would require some explaining. For
now, a day without secrets is like a night without stars.

> That and learning this language and
> hand making batlh'etlh as well... I will send one to Mark Okrand if I get
> good at making them!

Good luck. You remind me that I ordered a betleH from someone
on this list who kept almost making them and almost making them
and finally made them, but seemed to expect the collective us
to figure out postage and make the final link, and I failed to
do that.

If you are still out there with a pile of betleH blanks and you
are angry for my failure (and perhaps that of others here as
well), please let me know. I'm still interested and willing to
overpay for postage just so I don't have to figure it out.

> Michael

charghwI'
--

 \___