tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 05 11:34:48 1996

Re: KLBC

peHruS writes:
>I have thought that time words/phrases placed at the head of a Klingon
>sentence could be of the Noun+Adjective nature.  This would allow for {jajmey
>Hoch tlhIngan Hol vIHaD}.

Careful -- {jajmey Hoch} isn't a Noun+Adjective, it's a Noun+Noun.  This use
of {Hoch} is a bit of a stretch anyway.  But your point is valid; though we
usually prefer the verbose phrase using {qaStaHvIS}, Marc Okrand himself has
often used a noun as a time stamp.