tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 27 07:57:31 1995

Re: }} ST Communicator vItu'laHbe'!

in this context I'd like to know, why people often
(at least to me it seems to happen quite often)
insert those extra ' into transliterated words.
also, I think, british /r/ is nowhere near a klingon
r but rather a klingon gh, what do you think?
I'd like to know what you think of how I had
transliterated the following names..

>         mayqel Do'rIn = Michael Dorn
mayqel Don (the <r> isn't pronounced anyway, or is it?)

>         raqSan bIQ-DawSon = Roxann Biggs-Dawson
ghaqSen bIqeS-DoSen (or is it pronounced as if it were
Roxunn Biggs-Dowsone?)

>         rabe'rIt 'o'raylIy = Robert O'Reilly
ghabet 'oghaylIy

>         mayqel 'anSa'ra = Michael Ansara
mayqel 'enSaghe

>         jan kalI'qoS = John Colicos
jan qalIqeS

>         barbara' ma'rIch = Barbara March
babeghe mach (no r pronounced)

>         ghuwI'nItlh wa'lIS = Gwynyth Walsh
quwInet woleS (I think klingon t is closer to
english th than klingon tlh, but I won't argue about that)

			Marc "Dochlangan"

Marc Ruehlaender	[email protected]
Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany