tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 21 10:10:38 1995

Re: }} ? tlhIngan-Hol speakers: how many

> Due to a discussion I recently had:
>
> Does anyone have an idea how many people are speaking klingon
> (or are learning to)? Guesses, approximations and (especially)
> `hard' numbers are welcome.

I have sent lessons to about 600 over the last 2 years. I 've been doing
it for over 5 years total.

The Klingon Language Institute has about 800 members and closing on 1,000.

> For comparison reasons: how many people are speaking Esperanto,
> Tengwar/Quenya(sp?) ?

Esperanto is a much easier language to learn and estimates are arround 3
million depending of how you judge fluency.

Tengwar/Quenya...I have no idea.

--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level