tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 08 07:23:57 1995

}} KLBC: Ring Rhyme again

Hi

I remember someone once posted the three first lines of Tolkiens Ring
Rhyme with translation, don't however recall seeing the rest, so I
tried translating the rest, using the corrections given to the first
three lines.

Comments & corrections welcome.

--- 8< ---

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
 Seven for the Dwarf-lord in their halls of stone,
Nine for the Mortal men doomed to die,
 One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
 One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
 One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

--- 8< ---

chal bIngDaq taHbogh {'elev}pu' che'wI'pu'vaD wej Qeb
 nagh vaSmejchajDaq {Dorov}pu' jawpu'vaD Soch
HeghnISbogh jubbe' Humanpu'vaD Hut
 Hurgh quSDajDaq Hurgh jawvaD wa'
{morDor} puHDaq Qot QIbmey
 bIHHoch che'meH wa' Qeb bIH tu'meH wa' Qeb
 bIHHoch qemmoH wa' Qeb 'ej Hurghghach pol bIH
{morDor} puHDaq Qot QIbmey

Another question reg. the suffix [-ghach]; as I understand it,
eg. using it with {mob} ({mobghach}) would mean being alone as a noun,
as in alone-ness/isolation. Is this correct ?

--
| Eskil Heyn Olsen   |  This signature (send money) contains no (send money) |

Back to archive top level