tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 03 13:06:28 1995

Re: }} 3 questions.

Matt Treyvaud writes:
>1) How do I convey 'thinking about'? The verb {Qub} is defined as
>'think'; is 'about' implicit in this? I am aware of {buS} but that seems
>a little too strong for some uses.

Try {qel} -- it's in the Addendum.

>2) Is it correct to say 'nuqneH' when you are initiating the
>conversation? (if it roughly means 'what do you want', how can you go up
>to someone and start talking by asking what they want?)

I don't say {nuqneH} in this case.  I simply start the conversation.
{nuqDaq yuch Dapol?} or (ghorpu' pu'vam.  DaH yItI'!}

>3) Is it possible to use nouns other than Qapla' at the end of letters
>(or whatever)? Can you use any noun you like? (At the risk of social
>humiliation if you wish someone a visual display :) Especially honour: is
>it an insult to wish someone honour, implying that they cannot earn it
>for themselves?

Use whatever you feel comfortable with.  Be bold; take risks!  You never
know what some people will consider an insult, or how far they will go in
retaliation.