tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 30 14:35:43 1995

KLBC: Piece of klingon poetry

yI'Ij

This message was posted about week ago, and caused no response (didn't
get anywhere ?).

--- 8< ---

I was watching DS9 "Second Sightings" yesterday, and a piece of
klingon poetry was recited. I haven't included the english version
since the point is that the klingon should be understandable :-)

vaj batlhvaj DanaDqu'bogh 'etlhmo' Hegh
vaj vaj Davupbogh jaghpu'HochDaj Qaw'

Especially the {jaghpu'HochDaj}, supposed to be "all enemies,
his". Does the "all" make the plural redundant (since "all" usually
implies plural) ?

DaH rIn jabbI'ID

--
| Eskil Heyn Olsen   |  This signature (send money) contains no (send money) |

Back to archive top level