tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 29 19:49:31 1995

Re: Morphology

peHruS writes:
>Natural Earth languages have morphology.

For the benefit of us without a clue, what do you mean?

>Basically, tlhInganpu' do not say puq 'oy' distinctly when they mean puqoy.
> They have to say pu-qoy.

I beg to differ.  I have no problem pronouncing {puq oy} with a small pause
before the second syllable, and no stop (glottal or otherwise) at its start.
When I remove the pause, I can pronounce it either {pu-qoy} or {puq-oy}.  I
think {pu-qoy} sounds completely wrong.

>Klingon has morphology :)

Based on my rejection of your example, I must say it doesn't.  Except I
still don't know what you mean, so I don't know what *I* mean.  What *DO* I
mean?