tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 27 00:10:02 1995

Re: commas

>While this is true, we had no canon to indicate that a Klingon
>would pause at such a point in a sentence. The canon both
>serves to allow us to use commas and shows that a dependent
>clause can be spoken with such a pause.

On the audio tapes, I hear pauses in appropriate (??? to the speaker of
English) places.  The speaker then continues the discourse.  Whoever is
reading does pause even if no such punctuation appears in the original
Klingon language script.

Of course, Michael Dorn and Jonathan Frakes are undoubtedly reading from a
transliterated script :)

Back to archive top level