tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 25 15:40:42 1995

Re: Klingon Names

On Wed, 25 Oct 1995 Ben Warren wrote:

>I was wondering if you could direct me to a source that will help me =
>with thlIngan names. I am trying to create a name for myself, and I =
>wouldn't want to mistakenly create a name which turns out to mean =
>"Ferengi farts."
>
>Although I am sure that you receive much mail about this, any guidance =
>you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Qapla'
>
>Ben Warren
>"thlIngan without a name"

The best source is "The Klingon Dictionary".  Available at bookstores or through
the KLI.  Check out the section on "starting out" on the KLI's web site for
details.

But if you keep spelling <tlhIngan> wrong, we *are* going to call you <verengan
burghSIp>. {{;-)   >

(BTW how come we don't have a FAQ link on the KLI homepage?  I think a "Klingon
name" one might help.)

r'Hul
Klingon Kleavage Klub for Women

Back to archive top level