tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 19 16:24:47 1995

Re: Hoghvam bom

At 10:51 19-10-95 -0700, you wrote:

>> I've read. If I get more time I should subscribe to that KLI tlhIngan
>> Hol magazine (HolDaq isn't it?). Klingon really interest me!

>It's HolQeD

Oops! I guess I should be hiding from angry tlhIngan SuvwI'pu', right? ;-)

>and Lawrence Schoen would love to sell you a
>subscription. Rarely will you get a chance to purchase such
>coolness for so little funds.

Well, not yet. I wouldn't have time to really get into Klingon as I want to
anyway. And first I'd like to try that Klingon course by mail.

>> > yoDtargh
>> I haven't thought of a good Klingon name (or "Klingonised"
>> name).
>Well, you happen to have one of the few names that could be
>Klingon. (A Klingon could read your name and pronounce it,
>provided he could recognize the alphabet).

Something like Iarno PeS'chIr could do the trick, I guess. But "Iarno"
doesn't like "Klingon enough" (it looks to much lijkt my reaal name, so to
speak). Maybe I wil come up with something good in the near future.

>I could have gone by
>{wIl}, but chose charghwI' instead, deciding that the link was
>"William, the Conqueror".

Ah, Willem de Veroveraar, a Dutchman! ;-)

>>      What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.
>
>This is something that positively would NOT translate into
>Klingon, since they have no tense. Hmm.
>
>'oHpu' 'oHchoHpu'pa' 'oHpu''e', nuq 'oHpu' 'oHpu''e'? 'oH 'oH
>'oH'e'.
>
>Note: This is EXACTLY as dreadful in Klingon as it was in
>English. Maybe worse.
>
>Definitely worse.
>
>Before had been had begun to be had been, what had had been
>been? It was it. 'oH'egh'a'?
>
>jIH'eghchu'! latlh jIHlaHbe' 'ej latlh jIHchoH vIneHbe'qu'!

Yuck! Looks awful! Just as it should... <grin>

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level