tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 13 17:11:51 1995

No Subject

 haven't finished reading it all yet, but one thing caught my eye.
> In the text of S8 - Bat'telh, Klingon Sword of Honor, there is the
> relative clause {qeylIS'e' lIjaHbe'bogh vay'}.  I'm thinking that this is
> a typo and it should be {qeylIS'e' lIjtaHbe'bogh vay'} (Kahless the
> Unforgetable).  If that's the case, it ultimately makes official the use
> of {-'e'} on the head noun of a relative clause.

> Can anyone confirm whether card S8 says {lIjaHbe'bogh} or {lIjtaHbe'bogh}?
> (It makes a big difference in the translation.)

The card says {lIjlaHbe'bogh}.  The type is *VERY* tiny, and my eyesight is
bad.  HIvqa' veqlargh.

> I also noticed that that card is the only one which does not have a
tlhIngan
> title.  Is that really the case, or was the title inadvertently omitted?

Nope, there was no title on the card.  I print what they give me.

> Unfortunately, I think Lawrence was premature in announcing the
> resolution of using {je} with more than two nouns.  In the sentence
> {Paramount Pictures malja' permey bIH Star Trek pong'e' Deghmey'e' je}, I
> think there are really only two things being conjoined, the N-N
construction
> {Star Trek pong'e'} and {Deghmey'e'}.

Whoops, you've missed the point.  The three conjoined nouns are the symbols
for TradeMark, Registration, and Copyright (respectively).  These are
followed by {je}.

> Does anyone out there have any of these cards that they would like to sell?

I bought the KLI's copies at a couple of conventions.  Prices ranged from $5
to $15.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level