tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 12 19:50:36 1995

Re: teach me tlhIngan-HOL

On Thu, 12 Oct 1995, Josh B. Gillie wrote:

>   please would someone be able to teach me klingon over e-mail.
> Ican already pronounce the language but i don't know an grammar and very
> little vocabulary.

If you want help learning Klingon, this is the place to get it.

My name is yoDtargh and I am the Beginners' Grammarian here.  If you have
any basic grammatical questions or if you want to practice writing
something in Klingon and want someone to review it, sent your message to
the list and put "KLBC" (which stands for Klingon Language Beginners
Course) in the Subject line.  When you put "KLBC" in the Subject, that
indicates no one should reply to the post until I have answered your
questions and that way you won't receive a flood of confusing and
contradictory replys or flames from everyone on the list.  It also marks
the post as one that other beginners can read and benifit from and more
experienced speakers can bypass it if they wish.

If you are interested in Klingon lessons, David Barron offers a free
postal course which introduces the grammar and vocabulary in 11 lessons.
To enroll, send a self-addressed legal size envelope with enough postage
for 2 oz. to:  Klingon Postal Course, P.O. Box 37, Eagle, ID 83616, USA.

>  doomo arigato gozaimasu,
>      josh gillie

Doo itasimasite,
yoDtargh