tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 29 06:06:22 1995

Re: qagh? or ghaq?

> I still do not have an answer to the question I posted last week.
>
> On the tapes I hear {ghaq} for serpent worm as food.  In TKD Addendum I find
> {qagh}.  Are both correct?  What's going on here?
>
> peHruS

Well, the *official* answer (as per TKD) is {qagh}. However, the
'english' pronunciation (used on ST:TNG) tends to be {*gaH}, and this
will be used on the english sections of the audio tapes. But the correct
thlIngan Hol is {qagh}, pronounced accordingly.

qSeroHS
--
Niall Hosking
aka Kserokhs Vaene

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level