tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 27 21:06:34 1995

KLBC: A Name

Learned tlhIngan Hol Linguists,

Like many KLB'ers, I have given much consideration to choosing a proper tlhIngan name for myself.

I have read with much interest the many posts concerning names. From what I've been able to gather, choosing a name has the following elements:

1.)	There are few guidelines.

2.)	As long as people recognize and call you by it, it works.

3.)	It's your name. If you like it, it works.

With this in mind, I would like to announce that the name I have chosen for myself is

Hos'etlh
(Strong Sword)

I have chosen this name for several reasons. First, in a warrior culture, names with a "martial" feel to them would be popular. Second, it demonstrates my interest in the warrior ways, in particular my affinity for the betleH.

However, as a KLB'er, I may have made any number of liguistical mistakes. I would consider it an honor if those more learned than I could pass along their comments on my choice. Also, if someone could help me with the pronunciation by giving the Federation equivalent pronunciation, I would again be honored. If I have erred too greatly in my choice, I will have to begin again.

Qapla'

Hos'etlh

Back to archive top level