tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 24 08:54:02 1995

Re: "soup"

At 06:13 AM 11/24/95 -0800, you wrote:
>qaSDI' Hovjaj 95893.5 ghItlh ghunchu'wI':
>
>>>There is no word for liquid or food either.
>>
>>You can always try {bIQ}, but TKD gives {taS} for "solution (liquid)."
>>The addendum has {Soj} "food."
>
>Why not just use {HIq} "liquor (n)"?

I am actually going to use it as a name for a weekly Klingon comic (similar
in nature to a Farside or Speedbump type) that I'm going to start on my
webpage next week.  The title is going to be "Targ Soup".  And I wanted to
translate the title into klingon.  I know Targ is targh, but I needed a good
word for soup.

If I can't find a good substitute I may change it to "the Drunken Targ"
Which I think translates as:

        tlhutlhlI' targh

>SuStel
>Hovjaj 95895.3

pagh
  0000   [                           |                                 ]
 0    0  [ Joel "ZER0" Nagy          | LCCC WebMaster                  ]
0   0  0 [ [email protected]              | [email protected]                ]
0  0   0 [ Klingon Home World Page   | Lehigh Carbon Community College ]
0 0    0 [ http://www2.itw.com/~zer0 | http://lib3.lccc.edu            ]
  0000   [0-0-[it's the # '0' not the capital 'o' in the name zer0]-0-0]

Back to archive top level