tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 22 19:25:48 1995

Re: KLI on the Electronic Telegraph again.

At 07:09 PM 11/22/95 -0800, you wrote:
>>Well, the KLI make it onto the Electronic Telegraph again, this time on the
>>Front page!  It is also much more flattering than the previous mention and
>>the article even has a link to the KLI web page.
>
>Where do I send the complaint mail?  For that matter, where can I
>find the Electronic Telegraph?
>
>>The Electronic Telegraph  Wednesday 22 November 1995  The Front Page
>>...the language spoken by Dr Spock's alien enemies.
>

>> and embark on a two-stage course...
>
>How many stages does your course have, David?

If you are talking to me, My postal course is made of 11 individual lessons.

>>   even though the language is still evolving, with
>>   its author, Mark Okrand, adding to it daily.
>
>"Mark" is NOT the British spelling!  And "daily"?  Do they even check
>this stuff before they publish it?
>
>>   In keeping with the aggressive nature of the Klingons the word for
>>   hello, nuqneH, roughly translates as "what are you looking at?"
>
>Grrrr... wrong on two counts.
>
>>   Other friendly greetings could include blomHqu - "you are ugly" - and
>>   the Klingon equivalent to cheers, Iwlji jachjaj, meaning "may your
>>   blood scream".

I hope these are typos.

>"blomHqu"?!  At least that stupid sans-serif appendix lets us know when
>someone has seen a copy of TKD but hasn't read it. :-)
>
>>   The Klingon Language Institute
>
>This at least is spelled correctly.
>
>-- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

david

                       David Barron  [email protected]
        Klingon Language Postal Course,   PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
              It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                         Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level