tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 22 08:19:12 1995

Dod

qaSDI' Hovjaj 95890.3 ghItlh ghunchu'wI':

>peHrus writes:
>>I like this usage of {DoD}.  Is it canon?  I want to start using it, too.
>
>As far as I know, it's not canon.  {DoD} is given as the separator between
>the two parts of a coordinate bearing or heading, and it's commonly used
>here on the list the separator between parts of the section numbers in TKD.
>Note that it's being used as a separator, not a decimal point!

{DoD} was apparently created for ST:V, when Okrand suddenly noticed that
there was no way to give a course bearing.  {He pagh pagh pagh DoD cha'
yInab} "Plot course zero-zero-zero mark two."

For fractions or decimals, another line in ST:V is useful: {cha'maH vagh
vatlhvI' Hong QIt yIghoS} "Slow to one quarter impulse power."

By the way, in that same line, anyone know how Klaa says "Stealth approach"?
 It sounds like {HoS belIber} to me, and that can't be right.

SuStel
Hovjaj 95892.2

Back to archive top level