tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 16 21:45:54 1995

Re: haiku

~mark writes:
>There's nothing wrong with that; nobody said a sentence had to end with the
>line.  The noun-phrase is simply the object of the sentence, whose verb
>follows.

The "naked noun" to which I was referring is not the one at the end of the
first line, but the one at the end of the entire piece: {yay'a'}.  No verb
precedes OR follows it; it's apparently an exclamation.  I've seen this in
Klingon Haiku a couple of times now.