tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 16 18:14:12 1995

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 299

> majQa'!  jIHagh.  batlhlI' DatoDpu'.
                         ^^^
  nuqjatlh? jatlhlaH batlh? Or is this just a standard canon thing?

> >"Answer me!" - "(Dah) tujang!" - vIparHaqu'! :)
>
> ja' neH <tujang>.  <HIjang> DajatlhnIS.  ra' <HIjang>.

HIja'. My prefix was wrong (come here, scribe! :) But... does anyone else
think that it might sound more menacing if I didn't actually -order- that
everyone answer me? Of course, it couldn't be used on this list because
no-one's afraid of me, but saying 'Now you will answer me' instead of
'Answer me!' implies (to me at least) a great deal more power - a direct
order is not even necessary, because people will conform to what you say.
Does anyone else out there agree?

> >...vIHar vIneH.
>
> nuq DaHaqang?

nuqjatlh?? I have no idea what you are trying to say here. 'What do you
surgery-reveal?' (if I add an apostrophe) is all I can get.

    C /\ T
   F /()\ C  ...CM is ATMA!
  C /____\    ...http://ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au/~cthulhu
    GANTA