tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 16 10:13:04 1995

Re: tlhIngan pongmey

On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Garrett Michael Hayes wrote:

> On 16 Nov 95 at 8:55, Jarno Peschier wrote:
>
> This sounds good to me.  However, there are probably a LOT of people
> involved in things Klingon who are also computer types.  You might
> want to pick something a bit more personal and less transitory.

When I came on this list late in 1992, I received some flack for choosing
"Holtej" as my name.  I countered with the observation that TKD lists
names for people that are also other words, like /Qugh/ and /matlh/.
Then, there's the incontravertible /Qel/, which pretty much settles
things.  Also, it's not at all uncommon to choose names of professions as
personal names, such as "Porter", "Smith", and "Miller".  I think we've
done a decent job of disambiguating when we're referring to an individual,
ane when we're referring to a profession, on this list.

> 'etlhqengwI'

--Holtej

Back to archive top level