tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 16 08:47:00 1995

tlhIngan pongmey

Hello everybody,

A short time ago there was a suggestion about making a list of (Klingon)
names used on this list. I replied I already thought about putting something
in my Klingon interpretation program for this. I did just that.

So far I have the following names in my NAMES.LST file:

mara,Mara
matlh,Maltz
qeng,Kang
qeylIS,Kahless
qolotlh,Koloth
qor,Kor
qoreQ,Korax
QaS,Kras
Qel,Krell
Qugh,Kruge
torgh,Torg
valQIS,Valkris
wo'rIv,Worf
HolQeD,KLI's magazine
De'wI'tej,Jarno Peschier ([email protected])
charghwI',William H. Martin ([email protected])
ghunchu'wI',Alan Anderson ([email protected])
maSqa',Christian Matzke ([email protected])
Qogh,Adam Walker ([email protected])
yoDtargh,R.B Franklin ([email protected])
Qeygh,Craig Altenburg ([email protected])
qo'ran,Anthony Curran ([email protected])
'etlhqengwI',Garrett Michael Hayes ([email protected])
Holtej,d'Armond Speers ([email protected])
marqoS,Mark J. Reed ([email protected])
jejQIb,Michiel Uitdehaag (Michiel@[email protected])
SuStel,[yet unknown real name] ([email protected])
r'Hul,[yet unknown real name]
vanya,[yet unknown real name]

My obvious questions are now of course:

1. Is your name in this list? Then please check if it's in there correctly.
2. Is your name in this list and you don't want it there? Then please tell me.
3. Is your name not in this list and you want to be in it? Then please tell me,
4. Do you know any other Klingon names (from the StarTrek universe)? Then
please tell me.

This list implies that I'm thinking of using De'wI'tej as my Klingon name.
I'm studying computer science right now, so I think it's rather appropriate.
What is your opinion about this name? I know it's supposed to be *my* name,
but I'll still ask your opinion (I just like to know ;-)). I'm also thinking
about something that translates (approx.) to "wants to know everything" or
something. Still not 100% sure...

De'wI'tej
(for now)

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level