tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 15 15:09:00 1995

Re: Calendar Ideas

At 1:58 PM 11/15/95, MR PAUL J COFFEY wrote:
>All:
>     We have words for second, minute, hour, day, week, month and year
>[lup, tup, rep, jaj, Hogh, jar, DIS] with the added information that [Hogh,
>jar, DIS] refer to the Klingon week, month and year.  There are no words
>for the seasons.  We also have a word for "period of time" [poH].
>     Does anyone have a reference anywhere that gives the values of these
>time periods in Klingon terms?  Has anyone seen a source for names of seasons?
>

>    Paul

I wonder how many Macintosh folks out there know that the official
Macintosh Script System constants list (in Script.h if you care)
contains a line:

        smKlingon          = 32,   /*Klingon*/

Since the Mac supports custom calendars for various languages, one
should be able to write a Klingon calendar addition so that all your
dates are converted to Klingon.

-- Qeygh

Back to archive top level