tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 11 06:38:19 1995

vocabulary

 uu> From: "Mark J. Reed" <ur-valhalla!sware.com!mark.reed>
 uu> Subject: vocabulary

 uu> Adam Walker <[email protected]> writes:

 uu> \ Is pem Hov which appeared in the Sesame Street translation an
 uu> \ accepted general word for a sun?
 uu> I don't know if it's been used elsewhere, and verse in general takes
 uu> more  liberties than prose, but it seems likely to convey the intended
 uu> meaning.

I have always used {juHHov} "Home's star" simply because the Klingons of
TNG always talked about "Homeworld".

| Lieutenant Commander Qob vestai-qutvaj                     |          |
| Quadrant Adjutant, Northern Quadrant, Dark Moon Fleet, KAG |  NOR!    |
| Second and Communications Officer, I.K.V. Crystal Dagger   |  QUAD!   |
|     === Member, Klingon Language Institute ===             |  ROCKS!  |
| Fidonet:  Bill Willmerdinger @ 1:2613/477.1701             |          |
| Internet: [email protected]              |          |