tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 10 21:10:37 1995

Re: cha'SaD wa'

~mark wrote:
>lupDujHom yaH lojmIt tIpoSmoH, *Hal*...

I responded:
>jIQoS, *Dave*, 'ach qaloblaHbe' vIja'nISneS.

After rereading this, I have two comments to make.
First, both "Hal" and "Dave" are representable in the romanized
pseudo-pIqaD that we use.  I think that's a nifty coincidence.
Second, I really should have put the verb of speaking before the
"quoted" sentence.  As it is, it reminds me of Martin Short's
character on Saturday Night Live with the Pat Sajack fixation.
He often said things like "This is a surprise, I must say."