tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 10 07:32:30 1995

Re: Beginners' Grammarian

>Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 20:28:58 -0800
>From: [email protected] (Alan Anderson)

>yoDtargh writes:
>>...I have been the Beginners' Grammarian of the list for over six months...

>And a fine job you have done, too.  {yIHem!  batlh jutoy'pu'.}

>>As Grammarian, ~mark ultimately gets to decide who shall be the next BG,
>>but I would like to nominate ghunchu'wI' for the post.

>{chopongta' 'e' vIlajneS}.  I am honored to accept the nomination.

I've not missed all this exchange, so don't think I have. :)  I'm inclined
to agree to yoDtargh in selecting ghunchu'wI' for the post.  ghunchu'wI'
has shown very good command of many of the concepts involved in Klingon, in
my opinion, even though we tend to disagree now and then (this is likely a
point in his favor.  The language needs multiple *well-thought-out* and
*well-expressed* viewpoints).  I'm going to withhold the nomination for a
few days more though, in order (1) to let me get caught up, and (2) to hear
if there are any more ideas for the post (and to think myself if there are
any others in mind).  I wouldn't want to take the first suggestion made and
then think "Gee, so-and-so is probably better-suited at this point."

So look for a change in B.G. pretty soon, and get ready with a big round of
applause for yoDtargh, who has handled the post so well.

~mark

lupDujHom yaH lojmIt tIpoSmoH, *Hal*...

Back to archive top level